usiness Auto insurance provides coverage for vehicles that are owned, leased, hired or borrowed by businesses, whether they are associations, corporations, partnerships or sole proprietorships. Business Auto coverage may be used to insure private passenger autos and all types of trucks, trailers, semi trailers and business vehicles designed for use on public roads.
A business auto policy may include:
- Liability coverage: protection for physical injury to other persons or their property because of an accident related to your covered vehicle including legal defense cost or expense
- Comprehensive coverage: handles loss from any cause except collision. A limited, less expensive option is available. It only protects against a set of specific causes such as fire, lightning, explosion, vandalism, and several others).
- Collision: takes care of damage from crashes with another object or overturn of the vehicle.
- Towing and labor costs for disabled vehicles.
- Loss of use / Rental vehicle coverage: if you damage a rental car, this option helps to reimburse the rental company for income it loses because the vehicle is out of use. Also, there may be limited coverage for injury or damage that you cause to others while using a rented vehicle anywhere in the world.